Friday, February 13, 2009

Our MJ or should we say Mario Jones

Okay.... so he is not Michael Jordan, but he sure tries. About half way through the season, I actually explained to him why he was holding his hands up, and he looked at me and got a smile on his face, and said,"OH!!!". Most of the season Mario complained about going to the practices and games, and then was so excited (because he had fun) after they were over, he couldn't wait to play again. When we went with the rest of his team to Lafeen's (doughnut shop) after the final game, he told his coach he was sad that they were done playing.

He is going to be starting T-ball mid-March, maybe he will be more interested in practices for that. I am proud of him and his efforts, and trying his best. I also love that he was able to turn the experience into a game of tag. Watch him and the girl he is supposed to be guarding (she has on a yellow wrist band just like Mario's). They had a great game of tag.

I really didn't want to be that mom, that forced their kids to do sports, so I told him that he didn't have to play anything that he didn't want, but that if signed up and committed to a team he needed to finish the season out. I am glad that I stuck to my guns, because I think he really did enjoy it, he was just a little nervous about the experience. He did great. Grandpa Terry would sure be proud.

Nicholle

No comments: