Wednesday, February 11, 2009

And so it continues.....

So another update.... I have now seen two Orthopedic surgeons, one in Bellingham and one in Bellevue. Apparently I have a torn MCL and a torn PCL, in other words, one on the inside of my right knee and one in the back. Somehow I hyperextended and twisted at the same time. The guy in Bellingham indicated that I didn't absolutely have to have surgery but that if I wanted to ski or play basketball or anything like that I would have to wear a brace. If I did surgery, I could probably get away with not wearing one after the physical therapy. He then said that noone in Bellingham reconstructed PCLs, and referred me to the Group Health clinic in Bellevue. There the doctor, who by the way hadn't read the Bellingham doctor's report or bothered to look at the MRI, said I didn't need surgery just PT. I am more than a little concerned that he is looking out for the insurance company (his employer) instead of me. He did agree to look at the MRI and the other doctor's report and give me a follow up phone visit. That happens tomorrow at noon. I really hope that I don't have to get a third opinion tie breaker..... Mean time I am wearing a brace with a joint in it that goes from mid thigh to ankle...lovely!

On another front, Franny said something hilarious the other day. She was complaining of her lip hurting, and when we looked at it, she had a canker sore almost the size of a dime on it. When we asked her what happened, she said that it got really big,but when she would bite on it, or rub her tongue on it, it tasted like ketchup!!!!, Nicholle and I just about fell over laughing, and then told her to stop doing that.....

No comments: